The Vocabulary of Information Architecture Deliverables


There is a fine line these days between application, web application, and web site. I find myself talking of actors to one group of co-workers and of personas to my classmates, though the overlap is considerable when taking into account the basic idea of a role. Now, for a more formal application, the actors must include every type of user. That is, they must be exhaustive. While more leeway is generally given to the idea of a persona. Though they too must be exhaustive and mutually exclusive to be the most efficient.

In the world of words, our definitions are oftentimes ambiguous, based as they are on context. However, this provides a fantastic space for sharing and learning. The trick comes in hearing what someone else is saying to the extent that you can argue for there position.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.